Devotions for the Hungry Heart: Chasing Jesus Six Days from Sunday left me full and longing for more!


35398258


Devotions for the Hungry Heart by Shellie Rushing Tomlinson is not date based so one can start at any time. This was exciting for me as I did not receive it on January 1. Another great feature of this 20 week devotional is that it runs from Monday – Saturday with devotionals for those who seek God every day of the week. Honestly, I do find myself wishing there was a Sunday devotional but that is because I am enjoying Shellie’s stories so much. The headings are continuous throughout the book and all based on a Hungry Heart. Mondays focus on surrendered hearts, Tuesdays on intentional hearts, Wednesday on a praying heart, Thursday on a celebrating heart, Friday on a needy heart, and Saturday on a sharing heart. Each devotional includes a great story from the author’s personal life and ends with a correlation to the scriptures and a Bible verse.

The Bible verse has given me a great start to jump right into the scriptures for a daily reading. The author has added several recipes with pictures in the middle of the devotional. This is a unique additional to the book.


The cover and design of the devotional is very appealing to the eye and I loved how the gold dots were throughout. Overall, I thought this devotional was exceptional and the devotionals were just the right amount of read for a busy woman who is seeking God with her whole heart. I see myself utilizing this devotional for quite some time. Shellie has written a devotional that not only gives you guidance in filling your hungry heart, but leaves you aching for more. 

If you are looking for a great devotional to add to your daily Scripture routine or just looking to add a little Scripture to your life, this devotional will fill the void!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A beautiful story of forgiveness and trusting in God's plan.

Mending Fences and Growing in Christ's Love and Forgiveness

A beautiful story of love, forgiveness, acceptance, and candy!!